Re: question about setting up FEP calculations

From: Shyno Mathew (sm3334_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 20:01:48 CDT

Hello Jerome,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Ok, so I should use the equilibrated system for lambda=0 (this is where I
want to start). To this I can add the appearing atoms (lambda=1) also after
the equilibration run and then create the .fep file and so on.
Initially, I was trying this approach, one difficulty I faced was how to
number the atoms after 99999.
For example, when I add the appearing atoms to the pdb file (lambda=0 )
after equilibration, the seriel numbers change. This problem arises from
the water molecules. Maybe another option would be just to select
everything except water (for lambda=0 after equilibration) and add
appearing atoms and then solvate the system? Is this approach correct?

thanks again for your help,
Shyno