Re: Reason: FATAL ERROR: DIDN'T FIND vdW PARAMETER FOR ATOM TYPE OT

From: Niklaus Johner (niki.johner_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2013 - 11:35:45 CDT

This looks like you didn't load the proper parameter files when running your simulations.

Typically when you generate your psf with psfgen (I guess?), you input some topology files for example:

topology top_all27_prot_lipids.rtf
topology top_all36_lipid.rtf

So then in your namd input you need to load the cognate parameter files. Something like:

paraTypeCharmm on
parameters par_all27_prot_lipids.prm
parameters par_all36_lipid.prm

Otherwise some of the atoms defined in your psf file won't be defined in the parameter files.

N.

Niklaus Johner
Weill Cornell Medical College
Harel Weinstein Lab