Re: Linear force ramp increments in ABF

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2013 - 12:06:49 CDT

Hi Matthew,

To be precise, the ramp is linear in the number of samples in the bin, and starts at half of fullSamples.

If FS is the value of fullSamples, the current number of samples is n, and the full biasing force is F, the force that is actually applied is:

n < FS/2 : 0
FS/2 < n < FS : (n - FS/2) / (FS/2) * F
n > FS : F

Best,