Re: sn-1 tail order parameter

From: Jeffrey Potoff (jpotoffx_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2013 - 17:01:06 CDT

On 6/27/2013 5:33 PM, Mihaela Drenscko wrote:
> Hello,
> Could you please tell me in which of the files created before in
> gromacs to calculate sn-2 order parameter do I have to make the change
> to run the program for sn-1 one and how do I specify that is sn-1
> instead of sn-2?
> Thanks!
> Mihaela
Since you are using Gromacs, it seems that this could be answered by
reading the documentation for the g_order program.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Gromacs_Utilities/g_order

NAMD doesn't have any built in facility for calculating order
parameter. If you want to do the analysis in VMD, you may be able to
find a TCL script that you can adapt for your purposes, like this one:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/att-5378/orderparam2.tcl

Jeffrey J. Potoff                         jpotoff_at_wayne.edu
Associate Professor and Director of Early Engineering Programs
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
Wayne State University			  5050 Anthony Wayne Dr
Detroit, MI 48202
http://potoff1.eng.wayne.edu