AW: LES very slow

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2013 - 00:37:07 CST

Hi again Siri,

ok so your basic setup is ok. But what’s about LES. I just can’t imagine a
reason for this kind of simulation being limited in scaling. You are right
with the 255 copies, seems I had an older manual. Can we see an output of
this LES simulations (head). Also, as a quick test for your node
interconnect, could you try the following with your LES simulation:

1. 2 Cores @ 1 Node = 2 Processes

2. 2 Cores @ 2 nodes = 2 Processes

So we can see if using your network makes a big difference. Nevertheless,
the scaling on one node should be better.

Now the developers could jump in and tell if there are known scaling issues
when using LES.

Norman Geist.