Re: namd2 CUDA errors for non-superusers in Debian

From: Blake Mertz (blake.mertz_at_mail.wvu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 08:42:57 CST

Aron,

Sorry for the confusion -- I knew I should have mentioned that I had
the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my previous email (they are identical
for myself and the other user). That was actually my first
inclination, was that it was an improperly referenced variable. The
gist of the situation is this:

1) When the second user logs on and tries to run namd, she gets the CUDA error.

2) When the second user logs on and runs namd as a superuser, namd
will properly run.

So there is some disconnect with Debian recognizing this second user
as having the correct privileges to run namd. I've got the namd binary
soft-linked to the source directory.....I'm sure this is a linux
issue, and not namd. I was hoping that someone had run into this issue
before, but it looks like I'll need to troubleshoot it myself. Thanks
for putting in your two cents, Aron. I really appreciate it, and
didn't get the chance to thank you last fall -- you did help me on
another CUDA-related issue, just forgot to reply back then.

Blake

--
Assistant Professor
C. Eugene Bennett Department of Chemistry