Re: Namd: nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2012 - 01:18:10 CST

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Maria Saeed <mariyasaeed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All,
>
> I have a question regarding nohup is not executable with namd i am using
> this command but nohup.out is not generating by using nohup command

first of all, this is not a namd question, but rather
your should figure out to what package in your OS
the nohup command belongs to and look up the
corresponding forum for that.

> I am using this command
>
> nohup namd2 namd-min-.conf > namd-min.log &
>
> but it is ignoring nohup and showing error like this which are shown below:
>
> nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout

how do your conclude that nohup is not working?
it looks as if it does and the messing is not an
error, but an informational message that tells you
that nohup is not following the traditional behavior,
but doing what it indicates instead.

> if anybody know me than please tell me , how can i execute nohup command
> with NAMD scripts.

again, this is the wrong forum. the message has *nothing*
to do with NAMD and it is not an error.

axel.