Re: cylinder constraint with colvar

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2012 - 23:19:54 CST

So the width of the colvar should probably be 1 if you're planning to use
it for a harmonic constraint, since the force is divided by the width. The
upper and lower boundaries should be the min and max values you want the
colvar to have (which I thought for you was 0 and 5), keep in mind that a
negative number here makes no sense, since this is a distance, it will
always be positive. Then when applying the harmonic constraint you'd set
the center to something in that range (0 to 5) and the forceConstant to
0.0, since you just want a boundary, not to actually force it to any
particular position.

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student