Re: MetaDynamics in 2.9b2 Question

From: Robert Elder (rmelder_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2012 - 11:17:41 CST

As a follow-up to the discussion below, I have a question: is the energy
from the metadynamics history-dependent bias reported by NAMD under the
MISC header?

More specifically, I would like to perform replica-exchange metadynamics,
and I need to ensure that the full potential energy is used in the
Metropolis criterion. I already have the RE-metadynamics scheme
*functional* but need to ensure that it is *correct*. I've looked through
the NAMD source code and it seems that all the Colvar bias energies
(including metadynamics) are reported under MISC, but I am very new to the
code so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks to Aron Broom and Dr. Fiorin for the useful exchanges that have
allowed me to make it this far :)

--
Robert Elder
PhD Student