Re: unreasonably high temp/pressure

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 17:04:54 CDT

I thought that TIP4P was parameterized as a rigid molecule? Anyway,
related to this topic, I see you have "langevinHydrogen off", which means
the thermostat doesn't apply itself to the hydrogens. In the case where
TIP4P is rigid, this would be ok, but now those hydrogens aren't rigid, so
maybe try "langevinHydrogen on" (comes with an ~5% performance penalty) or
"rigidbonds water".

Honestly I don't see how either of the above things I'm suggesting would
solve a problem of this magnitude, but I think they are important anyway.

So, how did you convert your TIP3P simulation to TIP4P? Did you take out
the peptide and re-solvate with TIP4P? Or did you just rename the waters
and toss in a forth point? If the latter is the case, then I can imagine
the coordinates for the 4 points of the water might be starting fairly
messed up, and you would want to energy minimize for AT LEAST 1 step per
water molecule. Maybe I'm crazy on that, but this really seems like it
might just be a poorly minimized system, no?

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student