Re: Pressure problem to equilibrate NPT

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 21:14:42 CDT

You can't change pressure without changing volume at the same temperature.
Is this what you are hoping to find? Keep in mind that approximately
speaking PV=nRT.

If you feel the need to heat, you should heat with NTP from 0 to 300K with
the pressure kept constant. Or, energy minimize extensively first, and
then just start your system at 300K with the pressure you want. Keep in
mind that the solvation of your system is usually done with
pre-equilibrated water, that should be pretty close to reasonable for 300K
and 1 atm.

Also, are you using the default pressure parameters? If something is going
wrong, I would use the defaults unless you have specific reason not to.

~Aron

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Mariana Graterol <marianagraterol_at_gmail.com

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student