RE: Running fulldirect in parallel

From: Tom Coles (tcoles_at_mit.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2012 - 15:21:32 CDT

Thanks for the fast reply. I wasn't aware of staticAtomAssignment before, but I will try it now.

I have been setting the cutoff high, but I was hoping to make things faster with fullDirect because simply using a large cutoff has the following issues:

1) L-J calculations also occur all the way out to the large cut-off, wasting some computational time.

2) I would like to use fullElectFrequency to evaluate long-range electrostatics at a larger timestep. I know that nonBondedFreq can be used to evaluate L-J and electrostatics at a larger timestep, but the long-range part can be safely evaluated at an even larger timestep and I was hoping to take advantage of that.

Tom