Re: RE: FATAL ERROR: CUDA error in cudaGetDeviceCount on Pe 0 (thomasASUS): CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version

From: Thomas Evangelidis (tevang3_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 06:08:04 CDT

Hi again,

I tried to compile charm++ with cuda using the following command line:

./build charm++ mpi-linux-x86_64 --basedir /usr/local/mpich-1.4.1p1_icc
ifort cuda -O

But it seems that it cannot find the cuda installation directory although I
have set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda:/usr/local/cuda/bin:/opt/bin:$PATH
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:/usr/local/cuda/lib:/opt/lib64:/opt/lib:/usr/lib64/nvidia:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

At first it complained about nvcc:

make[1]: /bin/nvcc: Command not found

That was easy to fix, I created a symlink to /usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc. But
then I got:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/thomas/Programs/NAMD_CVS-2012-09-22_Source/charm-6.4.0/mpi-linux-x86_64-cuda-ifort/tmp/hybridAPI'
/bin/nvcc -c -use_fast_math -DGPU_MEMPOOL -I/include -I.. -o hybridapi.o
cuda-hybrid-api.cu
cc1plus: fatal error: cuda_runtime.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

The file cuda_runtime.h is in /usr/local/cuda/include but I don't know how
to make build to see it. I tried export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/include:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH and export
PATH=/usr/local/cuda/include:$PATH without any luck.

Any idea how to make build see my cuda installation directory?

thanks in advance,
Thomas