shift the molecules

From: oguz gurbulak (gurbulakoguz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2012 - 03:29:53 CDT

I have two different types of molecules with segnames ASL and AZL. And I want to shift  ASL and AZL molecules and change the positions of the molecules along the z axis in the simulation box for one record or every record when I load dcd file into the psf file. Is it possible to do it ? Could you please help me about this issue ? By the way I tried Dear Swarna’s method in previous mail to do it but I couldn’t do it with the segnames ASL and AZL. ********************* set sel1 [atomselect top "protein"] $sel1 move by {0 0 5} it will move the selected molecule 5A in the Z direction. then set all [atomselect top all] $all writepdb modified.pdb hope this will help you. ******************** Thanks for the help.  Kind regards.