AW: Atoms moving too fast with NAMD/Amber

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 01:42:42 CDT

Hi,

I also use the amber ff and the atoms moving too fast error is most of cases due to an error of the box or simulation setup, not the ff itself. I think the most likely case is that you have overlapping or too close atoms. You should check the VDW energy in the minimization if there are 999999 energies. Also, check the settings of the constraints if you use some. I also had this error one time when I had a broken GPU, so if this is a GPU run, try another GPU to figure out.

In general this error must come with high forces, so the first is to check the energies if their height fits to the systems size.

Norman Geist.