Re:

From: ˴ (zhongshun0643_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 02:38:00 CDT

****Dear

   Firstly, thank you for the answer!

   What I want to do is to simulate the interaction between a protease and
a polypeptide chain by NAMD.It is known that the active sites of the
protease can interact with certain amino acid of the polypeptide. In my
opinion they can react with each other and reach suitable conformations
which are good for endonuclease reaction after enough steps of NAMD run.
And the free energy of the interaction can also be calculated.
   And I am wondering if this simulation is similiar with the dock of
protein and small molecular.
   I don't know how to do it in details for there seems no related
tutorials online.I just tried to segment the proteins and pepsin into one
pdb file, only to find they are too far away from each other.Then I don't
know what to do next and hope you can help me.
   By the way, could you offer me some other tutorial.

Best regards,

shun zhong