Re: What is a good (small) test system for NAMD

From: Roy Fernando (roy.nandos_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 15:07:05 CDT

Hi Aron,

Thank you very much for your input.

I think what you are saying make sense. I did not think about the
connection part.

When you say non bonded I am little bit confused about the meaning. My
background is physics.I think what you are saying is non covalently bonded.
I want to apply tcl forces to a system of a protein dimer. This dimer is
not connected through covalent bonds. I want to simplify the dimer so that
a single unit contains only one atom. So this is a non bonded system.

I will try to generate the psf removing the connectivity information.

The other question I am having is why it is not possible to equilibrate the
two Na+ atom system. Do you think it is because of the magnitude of the
electrostatic repulsion between the two toms? What do you think, i should
do to overcome this problem? If I use Argon atoms instead of Na+ will the
problem solved. But I wonder if I would be able to see any response to
applied forces as they behave as non interacting rigid particles.

Regards,

Roy.