Re: memory-optimized version binary coordinates?

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2012 - 21:22:29 CDT

I doubt that apoa1.pdb file is in binary, it is probably ASCII.

When you say "binaryoutput yes" you just mean that you want the
apoa1-out.coor file to be in binary rather than ASCII, but it doesn't
affect what you supply as the input for that run.

So, if you only have a PDB file for input, you should say "binaryoutput
yes", but then just have "coordinates apoa1.pdb". If you later want to use
the output from that run, then you will provide the new coordinates as:

"coordinates apoa1.pdb"
"bincoordinates apoa1-out.coor"

In this way the binary coordinates are used, but the ASCII coordinate file
is still required to assign the atoms or something of that sort, even
though the positions are ignored.

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc