Re: pulling force didn't drop to zero in SMD

From: johan strumpfer (johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2012 - 09:21:23 CDT

Ajasja is right, this does indeed sound like hydrodynamic drag. You're
pulling at 100 A / ns - pretty fast. Have a look at: Hsin & Schulten.
Biophys. J. Letters 2011. You want to get to 1 A / ns or less, or
close to that as you can afford.

Cheers,
Johan

Johan Strumpfer:         johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu        www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johanstr