Re: hbonds colvar component

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 10:12:51 CDT

Most of the times just the contact between the donor and the acceptor works
fine. Adding the angle term would improve the H-bond's definition, but
also involve the hydrogen at all times, which due to its light mass could
respond with higher instability to strong restraints.

There is always a trade-off in choosing how to set up a simulation.

One way of not having to deal with trade-off and compromise may be to treat
the H-bond for what it actually is, i.e. a quantum phenomenon?

Giacomo