Re: FEP - Dynamic charges

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 03:03:54 CDT

Hi John,

No, you cannot have the charge on a given atom change during the
alchemical transformation. In the dual-topology spirit, you should
define two separate molecules, methane and fluoromethane, and define
one as vanishing and one as appearing. Then, for efficiency, restrain
the common part of both molecules to be superimposed (e.g. using the
colvars to enforce a distance restraint centered at zero between the
two carbon atoms).

Cheers,
Jerome