Re: Question about GPUs hardware.

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2012 - 19:51:44 CDT

As a quick amendment to what I wrote earlier, I forgot that I have been
previously corrected on the fact that NAMD does GPU calculations in single
precision, and the summation of those calculations on the CPU in double.
That would suggest you won't take a hit by using the consumer GTX 600
series, and actually, since they use PCI-E 3.0, it might help overcome the
limitation of communication from the GPU.

If anyone has tested the new cards I'd really love to know how they perform.

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student