Re: how to edit restart.coor

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 17:47:52 CDT

I think that usually the .coor files are written in PDB-like format no?
They should be easy to edit/understand just by opening them up in vim,
gedit, nano or something of that sort. You'll likely introduce some atomic
clashes by doing this, but as you say I suspect you can minimize for a
short period and then another short equilibration. Alternatively, you can
take your equilibrated system, and just apply a harmonic potential to steer
the ion to where you want it, that shouldn't take a lot of time and the
rest of your system will remain at equilibrium (unless you use some kind of
extreme force).

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc