Re: system splitted

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2012 - 09:21:12 CST

Hi Luis,

First, does the water box actually encompass all of the protein?

Second, the protein moving out of the box can't happen if you are using
periodic boundary conditions. So that means likely one of two things are
happening:

1) You didn't enable periodic boundary conditions and set the
cellbasisvector and other such needed parameters

2) Everything is fine, but namd wraps the protein as a whole rather than
just some of the atoms (I think that is the default maybe not), so what you
are seeing is a just a visualization issue (but in my opinion preferrable
to not wrapping). If this is true, you should be able to see on the
opposite side of where the protein appears to be "leaving the box" a void
space where there are no waters that would conveniently fit the portion of
the protein that appears to be outside the box.

In terms of your dimer splitting, or bad connectivity, I don't know, that
is something that requires more rigorous checking, you'll need to identify
exactly where the bad connectivity is first.

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student