Internal Unit system

From: Niklaus Johner (nij2003_at_med.cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2012 - 11:21:53 CST

Dear NAMD users,

I am trying to find out what the internal units in namd are. I need the information because I am using the PLUMED plugin which uses these units in its input files. I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere. I guess the units stated in section 3.2.3 of the user manual are not the units used internally (they are not consistent).

>From what I could gather (PDBVELFACTOR and TIMEFACTOR) it seems that the length unit is [0.997 Angstrom] and the time unit is [48.8 fs]. Is that right? And what about the other units (mass, temperature, charge)? A table with the units in the user guide would be welcome.

Thanks!

Niklaus

Niklaus Johner