Re: Problem running NAMD 2.8 with ibverbs

From: Moritz Schlarb (schlarbm_at_uni-mainz.de)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2012 - 04:20:57 CST

Hello Norman,

thank you for your help!

I've attached the command outputs as textfiles for better readability. I
hope you don't mind that I've tarred it and uploaded it here:
https://fileshare.zdv.uni-mainz.de/846d3bf1-8b15-4ae5-92fd-2eaf1ae9f849_36d1bd67-45b2-45d4-9c5b-b600d1d28126.file

Yes, we're using OFED-1.4 with the following HCAs:
07:00.0 InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25204 [InfiniHost III Lx
HCA] (rev 20)

As you can see from the lsmod output, IPoIB is installed and working.

By using /etc/hosts, all nodes (and the "login" nodes, too) have names
and addresses for their ethernet cards (eth1 on the internal network
e.g. node102 = 192.168.142.102) and names and addresses for their
infiniband cards (fnode102 = 192.168.138.102).
Pinging works (I can't test it using the ibtools because of insufficient
permissions and my boss isn't around atm, but normal ping works, and
every other MPI application, too).

Are you able to find some error in there?
I would think that it is just a compilation problem, especially since
the precompiled binary works fine... (If there isn't a simple solution I
think I'll have to stick with that either way.)

Thank you for your help!

Greetings,
Moritz