Re: metadynamics/ABF simulations using collective variables - issues with restarting the calculations

From: Marimuthu Krishnan (marimuthu.krishnan_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 18:22:48 CST

Hello Giacomo,

Thanks. You are right. The boundaries of certain reaction coordinates in my
calculation are too tight. This choice was deliberate. I need to keep the
boundaries tight to restrain (or to fix/constrain) a few reaction
coordinates. Is there any way to improve the performance with tight
boundaries?

I did many fresh runs followed by restarts. In all cases, I notice this
slow-down and thus it is reproducible.

A related question: Is it possible to define the angle between a bond
vector (connecting two atoms) and a reference axis (say, Z-axis) as a
reaction coordinate but without using dummy atoms in ABF/metadynamics
calculations? I would appreciate any help from experts.

Krishnan