AW: How can I write a log file on my cluster?

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 09:04:29 CDT

Hi,

What do you mean with logfile? If you mean the standard NAMD output during
simulation, as NAMD puts all output to stdout and stderr, you can simply
catch it on commandline like:

/path/charmrun +p40 /path/namd2 > logfile 2> errorfile

As, so I assume, only one of the processes is doing the output stuff, it is
independent from the number of used processors.

For simulations across multiple nodes you will need at least a nodelist and
passwordless login between the nodes.

As you don't seem to be very familiar with parallel computing, you should
ask your clusters admin maybe.

Norman Geist.