Re: using colvar for umbrella sampling between two carbon nanotubes in aqueous dispersion

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2012 - 11:59:47 CDT

Hi Nabaneeta and everyone,

First I need to make a comment, just for the record. I said somewhere
in the documentation that you could use this staged pulling protocol
to do Umbrella Sampling. What I certainly never said anywhere is that
doing so was a good idea. I mean, generally speaking.

To answer your specific question, my guess is that it could work,
provided that you take care of the other degrees of freedom of the
nanotubes.

All the best,
Jerome