Re: Displaying the gradient tolerance in the output as the example output from tutorial 1-2 Water Sphere

From: Webber (wpliao_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 01:57:53 CDT

Hi all,

After doing some more research on this topic I am starting to think that
outputting the gradient tolerance may be a feature that has been taken out
in recent versions (tutorial needs an update maybe?) and I guess that
explains why no one can answer my question...

If the energy gradient of iterations is not reported, may I ask how does
someone determine whether a minimization or MD calculation has reached a
level of convergence? I realise this may be a really silly question and MD
calculations may not use energy gradient as the measure of convergence...
If that is the case, what does a person write on a report or paper
regarding the criteria of stopping the simulations? Right now, all I can
think of is that "X was minimized with NAMD until the simulation reached
convergence" which I don't think is very nice to read....

Thanks for reading and all helps appreciated.

Regards,

Webber