Re: Namd, lammps comparing energies

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2012 - 13:20:21 CDT

Hello Jackie, to what precision are the energies equal? If you used a PDB
input or any other formats with few digits of precision, energies will of
course be different just because of the roundoff.

It also goes without saying that the two configurations must be identical
(the same topology file is not enough), and you should take care of all
options that different default values in the two programs.

Also, you must compare energies *only* at the step number 0, or at the end
of a minimization. When you're running at finite temperature and pressure
(implied by your error message), you are bound to see slightly different
things, starting from step 1.

Giacomo