Random seed and equilibrated structure

From: Dr. Eddie (eackad_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 15:55:13 CDT

Hi all,
I've been simulating a protein with NAMD using constant pressure
and temperature and PME. It takes anywhere from 10-24 ns for the rmsd of
the protein's backbone to level-off. I'd like to have multiple runs to
ensure good statistics but that overhead is debilitating. Would I be able
to simply continue a run that has stabilized (after, say 30 ns) using
different random seeds to get the same result as having multiple runs start
with different random seeds and each running for 30+ ns?
Has anyone tried this? I'd be interested in success or failure since my
time scales are too long to try it myself.
Thanks,
Eddie