Re: Running NAMD on Forge (CUDA)

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 14:21:38 CDT

> are other people also using those GPUs?

I don't think so since I reserved the entire node.

> What are the benchmark timings that you are given after ~1000 steps?

The benchmark time with 6 processes is 101 sec for 1000 steps. This is
only slightly faster than Trestles where I get 109 sec for 1000 steps
running on 16 CPUs. So, yes 6 GPUs on Forge are much faster than 6 cores
on Trestles, but in terms of SUs it makes no difference, since on
Forge I still have to reserve the entire node (16 cores).

Gianluca