Running NAMD on Forge (CUDA)

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 12:14:52 CDT

Hi,

I have a question concerning running NAMD on a CUDA cluster.

NCSA Forge has for example 6 CUDA devices and 16 CPU cores per node. If I
want to use all 6 CUDA devices in a node, how many processes is it
recommended to spawn? Do I need to specify "+devices"?

So, if for example I want to spawn 12 processes, do I need to specify:

charmrun +p12 -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE +devices 0,1,2,3,4,5 namd2
+idlepoll

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering