Multi core problem

From: flavio seixas (oivalf_nix_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2012 - 14:48:04 CDT

Hi,

I am running namd on SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 SP1 (x86_64) kernel 2.6.32.13 64bits, at 12 cores parallel in a single node of a SGI Altix ICE 8400 LX machine.

The programs works fine, but when I submit another namd job to a different node, the velocity of processing decrease by half. If I submit a third job also in a different node, the velocity decrease by 1/3 at all nodes.

Theoretically, the jobs running in different nodes do not suppose to interfere in eat other.

Does someone experience a similar problem to give me some clue about what happen?

Regards,

Flavio