AW: compress PSF into INTER

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 05:11:54 CDT

Hi,

I'm sorry to tell you that you haven't followed the tutorial very carefully.
The keyword "genCompressedPsf on" does only generate a new compressed psf
when running namd and than exits. To use the new compressed psf afterwards,
you need to specify "useCompressedPsf on" and remove the "genCompressedPsf
on" from the conf. Also use structure.inter instead of structure in the
conf. Also you should use bincoordinates instead of coordinates which means
that you have to convert your non binary pdb or coor to a binary one (using
vmd).

So the bottom line is it's two steps:

1. Generate a compressed psf with namd and genCompressedPsf on" and a binary
coordinate file with vmd.
2. Run memopt namd with "useCompressedPsf on"

I hope I got it right.

Good luck.

For more information look at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/?NamdMemoryReduction