Re: Question about targetsNumSteps in ColVar

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2012 - 11:38:18 CDT

Hello Yi, first of all, "targets" is not a keyword as you will notice from
quickly browsing the user's guide. "targetCenters" is, and it gets the
centers for multiple colvars, not different centers for the same colvar.

If you want to do consecutive runs, you can use targetNumStages, to do
several intermediate discrete steps between where your centers are and
where your targets are. But all of your stages have to have the same
targetNumSteps, which is going to be only one number (either 40000 or
90000).

Everything is explained in more detail here (3rd result after you Google
some of the keywords you mentioned):

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.7/ug/node50.html#SECTION000123700000000000000