Re: Glycosaminoglycan sulfate group with CHARMM

From: Massimiliano Porrini (M.Porrini_at_ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 12:18:08 CDT

Hi Norman and Michelle,

Thanks a lot for your replies, very useful answers.

Dear Norman,

I knew about GLYCAM FF and I have already used it for a heparin derivative,
but in my group we want to use also CHARMM for carbohydrates and I
would really appreciate
if you could be more precise about the paper(s) you mentioned, where they
used CHARMM FF to model heparin (or a type of heparin derivative).

Dear Michelle,

With regard to your proposed 3 options:

1) I have already contacted MacKerell group and the conclusion is that
they have not
derived the parameters I am looking for yet.

2) The answer is (above) because we want to implement CHARMM FF too.

3) I think, as you pointed out, this is the best and quickest
"temporary" solution to be
adopted at the moment.

Many thanks again.

All the best,