Re: AW: center of mass movement removal throughout simulation?

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 11:30:38 CDT

I don't think center of mass motion is your problem here. Even if it was
removed every frame, you would still get the behaviour you observe, because
it is the center of your ENTIRE system that is being fixed, which includes
the solvent. So it is totally reasonable to expect your protein and ligand
to drift around inside the box.

Once you've aligned your protein backbone, you need to recenter the
periodic box around your protein. I'm not sure of the exact command for
this, but I believe this is a trivial problem that does not require any
special new implementations.

~Aron

--
Aron Broom M.Sc