Re: gurukatagi@gmail.com

From: Gurunath Katagi (gurunath.katagi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2012 - 11:22:01 CST

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Ajasja Ljubetič
<ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well since these are coordination "bonds" it might get a bit tricky. I see
> two options (perhaps 3):
> a) hope that interaction is mainly electrostatic (ionic) and that the
> current non bonding parameters are good enough, so you don't have to do
> anything.

but when i simulate with those parameters, the calcium ions are flying (i.e
are not at stable,), which is not desirable ...

> b) Run a hybrid QM/MM simulation
>

> c) decide that you don't want the calcium to leave the binding site and
> lock the distances and orientation using additional bonds.

 do u mean to say that , show i fix these calcium atoms using "fixedatoms"
options [setting Bfactor column to 1] or apply tclforces to control the
distances and orientations ..?

Its not calcium binding that we are interested , but the dynamics of the
proteins ..
Kindly let me know ..

Thank you
gurunath