Re: cell size

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 10:03:58 CST

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but if a water molecule approaches the
boundary, and one hydrogen goes out of the unit cell, but the center of
mass is still within the unit cell, it will have coordinates such that the
hydrogen is outside the unit cell. There is an option (maybe wrapALL on)
that will change this behavior (I could be wrong on that, never tried it).
Obviously your coordinates will look a bit messed up at that point. But
note that the normal behavior in NAMD is appropriate for a periodic cell,
those atoms that are outside the box in yoru output coordinate file are
treated as though they had wrapped around during all the MD steps.

~Aron