Re: Peptide planarity Dihedral angle restraints

From: Vijay Vammi (vsvammi_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2011 - 00:47:00 CST

Hi Chris/Norman,

Right now I am trying to solve it by the tedious way of looking at atom
types. It might be easier for my case as the exact dihedral I am looking
for has the form X-C-N-X or X-C-NH1-X (or the reverse). With a good text
editor it was easy to change the required Kchis. But I also run into
simulation being unstable, this is expected to happen if the minimization
run was not enough. I am playing around with it.

I have thought of extra bonds feature but did not look much further as the
dihedral potential implemented is not sinusodial. This might cause the
simulation to become unstable if the angle changes from negative 179 to
-179, as far as I know. I might be wrong in my thinking.

The system would be subjected to accelerated Molecular Dynamics later and I
am not sure if the other features would go well with them. I would surely
check them if I dont have much luck in the tedius way. :-)

Thanks for your input,
Vijay