Re: charmrun constantly hanging

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2011 - 08:27:08 CST

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 1:59 AM, jani vinod <genomejani_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am trying to do apoa1 benchmark using namd 2.8 on Hp cluster with intel
> processors .
> I have compiled charmrun  using Linux-x86_64-g++.
> It work fine for 1 node but when tried to run on more than one node
> it hangs with following message in  log file.
> Charm++> scheduler running in netpoll mode.

have you tried running charmrun in verbose mode?
can you connect to the other nodes without a password?
do you have to use rsh or ssh?
can you run any of the charm++ tests?
have you tried a precompiled namd package?
what kind of interconnect does your cluster have?

> I saw the following post also but didn't seems to be helpful
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/charm/2011-April/000587.html

what do you mean by "seems not helpful"? did you follow
the suggestion and examples as given there?

as you can see from the questions above, there is a *ton*
of things that you can do, that are described in the
documentation and that common sense will tell you.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
College of Science and Technology