Re: how to visualize an alchemical FEP transformation??

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 15:21:59 CDT

Bruno,

Let's see what we can figure out about your problem; but I'm not
entirely sure I understand your description, ie what are the arms, core
etc. As I understand you have a protein containing Re(CO)3 and you
perform an FEP in which the *entire* Re(CO)3 is made to "vanish." Is
this correct?

You then go on to speak of "arms" that are coordinated to the Re(CO3).
What are these arms? And have you added bonded terms describing their
coordination to the Re(CO3)?

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                          Voice: 773-570-0329