namd 2.8 new feature

From: Hasan haska (hasanhaska_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 08:37:27 CDT

Dear Namd users, I learned that getting the force for each atom as a pdb file is a new feature of namd 2.8 version. I installed namd 2.8 version to get net forces on each atom but I couldn’t understand the explanation “Net forces on each atom can be written to PDB or binary output files using the Tcl output command as "output withforces basename" ” . What should I do to get a force pdb file ? What is the meaning of  “basename” ? Could you please help me to learn this operation ? Thanks for your help.