Re: SMD-extension

From: Ehsan Ban (ehsan.ban_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2011 - 08:36:10 CDT

Hi,

NAMD outputs the center of mass for the restrained atoms in smd:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.8/ug/node48.html#SECTION000128010000000000000

I would say if the structure is not equilibrated enough before the smd is
performed, then the deformation might be dominated by equilibration itself
and not the smd pulling. What I mean is one possibility is that even in case
that smd was not being performed the atom(s) that are being pulled in the
smd case could have displaced themselves.

Regards
Ehsan