Re: Batch Mode MD simulation Script for NAMD

From: Babban Mia (babbanmia_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 12:06:28 CDT

hanks Everyone!

Thanks a lot Norman for the Script. There are certain things that I could
not quite understand.I will embed my doubts within your script.Please help
me with the doubts.
*I am very new to NAMD so will basic questions as well
What does .NAMD file contain ,looklike and do here ? .Can you show in an
example of how it should look like for the current script we have ?*
*Do we not need a .config file as well which then has all the other vital
information for this to run ?
*

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Norman Geist <
norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> yes, the same would be possible with a simple bash script, I thought it
> would better to not restart the simulation, and just do the pdb saving on
> the fly. But if you want to do it, it could work like this:
>

> !#/bin/bash

> prod_runs=1000
>
> each_steps=1000
>
> name=myproduction
>
> psffile=mypsffile.psf
>
> namdhome=/your/path/to_namd_dir/
>

> #The loop (do prod_runs times each_steps fs runs)
>
> for((i=1;i<=prod_runs;i++))
>
> do
>
> echo structure $psffile > $name$i.namd
>
> echo binaryrestart no >> $name$i.namd
>
> *What does binaryrestart no signify ?*
>

> #Generate Input for first run (cause of the different coor
> and vel)
>
> if [ $i –eq 1 ]; then
>
> echo velocities myvelocities.vel >> $name$i.namd
>
> echo coordinates mycoordinates.pdb >> $name$i.namd
>
> #Generate Input for rest of runs
>
> else
>
> cat << $name$i.namd < ENDIN
>
> #write your input stuff here

      *What kind of inputs would be required here which would then need to
go to .NAMD file ? *

> ENDIN
>

> #Here come the tricky counting things
>
> #For the Input
>
> temp=$[$i-1]
>
> echo coordinates myprod$temp.coor >> $name$i.namd
>
> echo velocities myprod$temp.vel >> $name$i.namd
>
> #For the Output
>
> echo outputname $name >> $name$i.namd
>
> #The runtime
>
> echo numsteps $each_steps >> $name$i.namd
>
> fi
>

> #The input should be ready so call namd with the generated
> infile
>
> $namdhome/charmrun +p ADD_UR_VALUES_HERE $namdhome/namd2
> $name$i.namd

       * What does +p mean here ?
       What is "ADD_UR_VALUES_HERE " ? *