Re: nitrogen in namd

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2011 - 15:07:25 CDT

That would be a "lone pair" in the NAMD code. You'll need to modify code
such as HomePatch::reposition_all_lonepairs() to recognize and deal with
bisector lone pairs (the position calculation is trivial of course).

For a first cut you could treat the partial charges as zero, particularly
if the partial charges for your porous material are small. I'm sure there
is a chemist on the list who will respond that this is either sufficient
or useless, but I can't guess which it would be.

-Jim