Re: how to generate transparent figures?

From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 04:04:58 CDT

On Saturday 23 July 2011 16:59:07 AB wrote:
> Hello:
> I am wondering how to generate transparent figures in VMD? it seems that
> we usually get white background figures when we render. And how to define
> the size? I would like to get a large size rather than the computer screen
> size. Thank you very much.

If you use POVRAY, you ca just add "+UA" the solid background will be
transparent no matter which color it has (remember to turn of "Depth
queuing"!). Same cane be done with the size.
Just replace %w and %h "+W%w +H%h" with the desired size.

If you once have the .pov file, you can render it to any size you want any
time without invoking VMD again.

Cheers,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Olausson
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg