Re: how to get the energy in vacuum of a molecule in NAMD

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 11:25:59 CDT

That will work, assuming you also adjust the switching and pairlist
distances to be something like 990 and 1100. In the current 2.8 release
this will give you one big patch that won't scale beyond a single core.
I just put in some changes, available in the nightly build version, that
will scale better, although if you're just evaluating enery once you're
not going to get much benefit from measurement-based load balancing
(implicit solvent will likely benefit, though).

Bear in mind that your forcefield was designed for a specific solvent
model and cutoff distance so vacuum energies aren't that meaningful.

-Jim